This easy-to-make Mexican Chicken Bake is done using the indirect grilling method—only turning on one side of the burner. Quickly put the ingredients together and let the grill finish it up. Serve direct from the grill.
Mexican Chicken Bake
- 2 cups Cooked chicken, cut-up
- 1 can (8 oz) Whole tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp Canned chopped green chilies
- 1/2 tbsp Ground cumin
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 Egg
- 2-1/2 cup Corn chips
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese
- Combine chicken, tomatoes, onion, chilies and cumin in small mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Combine sour cream, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and egg.
- Grease 2 quart oven safe casserole. Spread half the corn chips in dish.
- Layer with half the chicken mixture and half the sour cream mixture. Repeat chicken and sour cream layers.
- Top with remaining corn chips and 1/4 cup cheddar cheese.
- Cook using INDIRECT METHOD (one side of the burner) at MEDIUM for 1 hour.
Serves 4 to 6